To submit a job posting or audition announcment, click here.
- Maine West High School is searching for a Technical Theatre Director. This person is responsible for coordinating the technical requirements of all auditorium events and managing the technical resources of the auditorium facility. Qualified applicants should hold, at the minimum, a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with an emphasis in Technical Theatre, or equivalent profession experience. If interested, please send a letter of interest and resume to Pat Barnett at firstname.lastname@example.org. Online application and further information at: https://www.generalasp.com/D207/onlineapp/default.aspx.
- Maine East High School has openings for the Variety Show Director, Swing Choir Director, and Musical Vocal Director. Interested candidates should apply in writing to Edward Eubank, Maine East Fine arts Department Chair at email@example.com on or before May 10, 2017.
- Glenbard East High School has a Technical Director posiiton. Interested candidates should fill out an online application at www.glenbard87.org.
- Adlai E. Stevenson High School is seeking a full-time Theatre Technical Specialist/Designer for the 2017-18 school year. A degree in technical theatre and design is preferred, along with professional experience working in the field. Online applications are required: www.d125.org.
- Old Orchard Junior High School has a full-time drama teacher position (to cover a one-year leave of absence). Applicants must hold a current Professional Educator's License with a middle school endorsement in Theater/Drama. Further information at : https://www.applitrack.com/d68/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1. Scroll down to view posting for "Drama Teacher - Cover one-year leave of absence."
- 2nd Act Players is looking for individuals who want to grow this theater company by joining its board of directors for 2017. Help is needed with marketing, accounting, ticket sales, back office functions as well as creative input on future show. Visit http://evanston2ndactplayers.com for further details.
- Timber Lake Playhouse is hiring an Artistic Director, who will be responsible for scheduling all creative activities of the theatre and will direct two of the Summer Subscription Series productions. For more information: www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
- Centennial High School is looking for a full-time drama teacher/director for the 2017-18 school year. Dual certification in English is a plus. For more information, please contact Greg Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.champaignschools.org/employment.
- The Latin School of Chicago has a technical theatre position. Responsibilities include: teaching and supervising student scenery construction, installation, and lighting work, working with director to manage technical rehearsals and performances, working directly with K-12 students in theater and technical educational capacities, supervising technical aspects of student assemblies and special events including microphones and video projection, and maintaining the theater and shop equipment and space. This position also teaches a fall Upper School stagecraft class with an assistant.
-Interested candidates should apply online by submitting a letter of interest, resume and statement of educational philosophy at www.latinschool.org/employment.
- Carmel Catholic High School is hunting for a part-time tech director for Fine Arts events. Hours are flexible and dates are pre-determined. Lighting and sound only.
To submit a job posting or audition announcement, click here.
- Lewis University Philip Lynch Theatre announces auditions for the upcoming production of "Young Frankenstein." Auditions are May 30 or 31 at 7 pm. Audtionees only need to attend one date; no appointments are necessary. Callbacks are June 1 at 7 pm. Prepare 32 bars uptempo musical theatre song and bring dance clothes. Accompaniment will be provided. Show dates: July 21-23 & July 27-30. Auditions will be held at:
Lewis University Philip Lynch Theatre
1 University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
Box Office: 815-836-5500
ATTENTION ITA MEMBERS:
Each week the ITA sends out "Friday Announcements" to its Listserve (currently comprised of more than 2,300 theatre artists and educators from throughout the state). If you'd like to submit an item for inclusion in the weekly announcements, please click here. [Suggestions for inclusion include: audition announcements, job postings, interesting theatre stories/experiences, lesson plans, community/life events, etc., theatre opportunities, etc.). To submit an announcement click here.
Also, please remember to submit your upcoming performances and/or events to the ITA's on-line performance calendar!!! Click here.