To submit a job posting or audition announcment, click here.
- Timber Lake Playhouse is hiring an Artistic Director, who will be responsible for scheduling all creative activities of the theatre and will direct two of the Summer Subscription Series productions. For more information: www.timberlakeplayhouse.org.
- Centennial High School is looking for a full-time drama teacher/director for the 2017-18 school year. Dual certification in English is a plus. For more information, please contact Greg Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.champaignschools.org/employment.
- Edwardsville High School is seeking a full-time theatre teacher/drama director. Email Nancy Spina at email@example.com if interested.
- The Latin School of Chicago has a technical theatre position. Responsibilities include: teaching and supervising student scenery construction, installation, and lighting work, working with director to manage technical rehearsals and performances, working directly with K-12 students in theater and technical educational capacities, supervising technical aspects of student assemblies and special events including microphones and video projection, and maintaining the theater and shop equipment and space. This position also teaches a fall Upper School stagecraft class with an assistant.
-Interested candidates should apply online by submitting a letter of interest, resume and statement of educational philosophy at www.latinschool.org/employment.
- Carmel Catholic High School is hunting for a part-time tech director for Fine Arts events. Hours are flexible and dates are pre-determined. Lighting and sound only.
To submit a job posting or audition announcement, click here.
- Vermillion Players announces auditions for their upcoming production of "The Producers." Show dates are June 15-18, 2017. Auditions will be held Saturday, March 18 from 2-5 pm, Sunday, March 19 from 2-5 pm, and Friday, March 24 from 6-9 pm. Callbacks, if necessary, will be held Sunday, March 26. All auditions will be held at the Vermillion Players Storage Building located at 202 S. Pearl St., Pontiac, IL. We are looking for both actors and instrumentalists at these auditions. Auditions are open to anyone age 16 and up. However, because of some adult language and situations anyone under the age of 18 must bring a parent to sign a parental consent form. Actors are asked to prepare a song and be ready to read and dance. Instrumentalists are asked to prepare a song. All questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATTENTION ITA MEMBERS:
Each week the ITA sends out "Friday Announcements" to its Listserve (currently comprised of more than 2,300 theatre artists and educators from throughout the state). If you'd like to submit an item for inclusion in the weekly announcements, please click here. [Suggestions for inclusion include: audition announcements, job postings, interesting theatre stories/experiences, lesson plans, community/life events, etc., theatre opportunities, etc.). To submit an announcement click here.
Also, please remember to submit your upcoming performances and/or events to the ITA's on-line performance calendar!!! Click here.